À¦°óÇ¿¼é is passionate about your future and we're here to support you in preparing for the career of your dreams.
Whether you are a current À¦°óÇ¿¼é student, are looking to return to education, or are leaving school we can offer advice and guidance for all aspects of careers and progression including course admissions, CV writing, university application, work experience, job searches and interview tips.
À¦°óÇ¿¼é offers a range of careers activities and events to its students throughout the year; find out whatâ€™s available!
Find out more
À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s Careers Service provides impartial, objective and person-centred careers guidance to its students. The range of careers services at all three of À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s campuses includes 1:1 careers guidance appointments, paper-based and digital careers resources, and careers workshops. Find out more:
You will also have the opportunity to attend our Careers and Apprenticeship Events, join our Apprenticeship Talent Pool and, if on a Level 3/A level course, and interested in progressing to university, take a trip out to the UCAS Discovery Event at Westpoint.
Course Advice: If you are considering studying at À¦°óÇ¿¼é but need more course information, or you are unsure of which course to choose, our friendly Advice and Guidance Team are on hand to help you. You can contact them at email@example.com.
Careers Guidance:ÌýÀ¦°óÇ¿¼é is working with a local National Careers Service careers adviser to provide adult careers guidance. You are welcome to contact À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s Careers Service, but depending upon your enquiry there may be a referral to the National Careers Service (with your consent).ÌýPlease contactÌýcareers@petroc.ac.ukÌýfor more information.
At À¦°óÇ¿¼é, we recognise that leaving school is a big step to make; it can be challenging choosing a course or understanding your options. À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s Careers Service is here to help in the following ways:
- : This website takes Year 10 and 11 pupils, step by step, through the post-school options available. We encourage Year 10s and 11s to work their way through the websiteÌýto gain information to support them with their decisions.
- 1:1 careers guidance appointment: À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s careers adviser will provide guidance on decisions about courses, university and career planning. Before booking a careers guidance appointment, please complete the Post-16 Choices tool mentioned above.Ìý
- Open Days/Evenings: À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s careers adviser will be available to answer your questions during our open events.
Parents, carers and guardians are some of the key influencers on a young personâ€™s career decisions. À¦°óÇ¿¼é provides support through termly careers newsletters as well as information on ourÌý.
As a parent, carer or guardian, we would welcome your involvement in our careers programme, this could include offering a talk about your own career journey, your job or your business. If you would like to find out more, please complete .
À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s Careers Service works with local employers in the following ways:
- Vacancy advertising: if you have a vacancy that you want to fill, you can advertise for free using À¦°óÇ¿¼éâ€™s vacancy platformÌý. À¦°óÇ¿¼é students are looking for seasonal, part-time, graduate, full-time, work experience, work placement and volunteering opportunities. To advertise your vacancyÌýplease complete Ìý
- Industry talks: À¦°óÇ¿¼é very much values the experience and expertise of employers, and the positive impact this can have on the future career decisions of its students. If you would like to find out more about delivering a virtual talk, or on-site presentation,Ìýplease complete .Ìý
- Careers/Employability/Apprenticeship Fairs: À¦°óÇ¿¼é hosts careers fairs where students can meet local employers to find out more about their business, apprenticeships and job opportunities. If you would like to participate in future events,Ìýplease complete
À¦°óÇ¿¼é ensures its careers provision is up to date and of high quality by following the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks, the Matrix standard, and staff undergo regular training. It is also a member of the Careers Development Institute.
À¦°óÇ¿¼é is also a member of the North and Mid Devon Careers Network, which brings together Careers Leaders from member secondary schools.